Friendswood IV Infusion Therapy
Select Spine & Sports Medicine provides IV infusion therapy in Friendswood, TX and surrounding areas to help improve overall health and vitality through intravenous vitamins and nutrients. Proper nutrition is a major component of optimal health, but sometimes it is not possible to obtain all the vitamins and minerals that your body needs with food alone.
And in some cases, there may be an underlying medical reason for a chronic deficiency, or it could just be that your body needs an extra boost to heal an acute condition. In these cases, our medical staff may prescribe a vitamin IV infusion, to help bypass the digestive system, delivering the critical vitamins and nutrients directly to your cells.
NOTE: We are not performing sick visits. No Covid, No flu, No etc. Our services are strictly for well care. Thank you for understanding.
7 Surprising Benefits of IV Infusion Therapy in Friendswood for Health & Wellness
Gone are the days when only hospital patients receive IV infusion therapy treatments. Today, many health-conscious people enjoy IV infusion therapy in Friendswood, TX. This therapy provides a way of getting the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and even medications they need to feel better and keep their body functioning properly.
With a vitamin infusion, your body receives nutrients directly into the bloodstream. This bypasses the digestive system, which would otherwise lower the amount of vitamins your body can absorb. With drip hydration, nutrients are instantly available, so your body can absorb 100% of what it needs before passing along the rest to your kidneys to be flushed out.
With so many kinds of vitamins and supplements available, IV infusion therapy can deliver a range of health and wellness benefits, including but not limited to:
- Promoting faster weight loss
- Curing hangover symptoms
- Treating certain nutrient deficiencies
- Cleansing your body of toxins and free radicals
- Increasing your energy levels
- Promoting better cardiovascular health
- Easing anxiety and promoting relaxation
Let’s discuss each of these benefits in more depth and provide you with the supplements that help our clients achieve that particular wellness goal.
1. IV Drips Can Promote Weight Loss
It’s no secret that losing weight can be hard — hence why many people turn to IV therapy to boost their weight loss efforts. The three key supplements we use for IV Infusion Therapy in Friendswood that aid the weight loss process are:
- Lipotropic injections
Glutathione is a substance made from the amino acids glycine, cysteine, and glutamic acid. It is produced by the liver and involved in many body processes. Glutathione is involved in tissue building and repair, making chemicals and proteins needed in the body, and in immune system function.
Alpha-lipoic acid is a powerful antioxidant found in every cell in the body. This organic compound also works with the body’s mitochondria to boost metabolism, prevent inflammation, eliminate toxins, and reverse some of the oxidant (free radical) damage related to aging. Our bodies naturally synthesize this compound but only in small amounts. Thus, an IV infusion with this supplement can promote higher metabolism.
These injectable compounds burn fat. These are considered boosters, meaning they’re best injected via a syringe rather than an IV drip. While the ingredients can vary, ours at contain popular supplements known to promote weight loss.
It’s important to note that IV therapy for weight loss isn’t effective on its own. You should combine it with healthy eating and regular exercise. The treatments strengthen your efforts but don’t replace them.
2. IV Hydration Can Cure Hangover Symptoms
Not only are hangovers painful and annoying, but they are also associated with poor job performance and conflict at work. Thankfully, IV hydration helps quickly resolve common hangover symptoms, such as:
- Headaches or muscle aches
- Brain fog or fatigue
- Excessive thirst
- Nausea, vomiting or stomach pain
IV fluids that help replenish the water you lost when drinking too much the night before. They also contain electrolytes, most commonly in the form of sodium chloride, which help relieve symptoms of dehydration, including fatigue, dizziness and thirst.
Most people also choose to add an anti-inflammatory or anti-nausea medication to reduce the inflammation and fatigue caused by excessive drinking. Many people start feeling relief after only one hour of their IV treatment.
3. IV Vitamin Therapy May Help Treat Certain Nutrient Deficiencies
In hospitals, IV nutrient therapy helps people who aren’t able or are too sick to eat. It is also an effective treatment for certain health conditions that can cause nutrient deficiencies, such as:
- Crohn’s disease
- Celiac disease
- Colon cancer
- Short bowel syndrome
- Cystic fibrosis
Oftentimes, people living with these conditions cannot get the nutrients they need from oral supplements or their diet. Thus, IV therapy benefits them because it bypasses the digestive system entirely and provides nutrients to cells immediately.
4. IV Therapy Can Cleanse Your Body of Unwanted Toxins & Free Radicals
Besides curing hangovers and providing you with essential nutrients, IV drip therapy can also cleanse your body of toxins and free radicals that can damage cells and DNA and promote aging. Since antioxidants keep toxins and free radicals in check, the most popular options in IV therapy include:
- Vitamin C
- Alpha-lipoic acid
Needing no introduction, Vitamin C is an essential antioxidant that protects your overall well-being and immune system. It also helps protect your body from free radicals by neutralizing them before they have the chance to damage cells.
Another important antioxidant that helps lower oxidative stress (free radicals), glutathione also has a plethora of other health benefits. It has shown promising results for improving symptoms caused by conditions such as Parkinson’s disease and fatty liver disease. It may also fight infections and cleanse the liver of unwanted toxins that can damage liver cells.
More than just a weight loss aid, it can also protect your body from cell damage caused by free radicals.
5. IV Infusion Therapy Friendswood Can Increase Your Energy Levels
IV infusion therapy can also provide your body with a natural boost of energy. Nutrients like amino acids can help you replace the constant need for coffee, soda, and other caffeinated drinks that can otherwise flood your body with unnecessary sugar.
Found within our IV infusions operate on a cellular level, amino acids work with the mitochondria to convert fatty acids in our body into energy. With this energy, we can get through the day or power through an intense workout. Amino acids like tri-amino and arginine also help build muscle protein.
6. IV Drips Can Increase Circulation & Promote Good Cardiovascular Health
Drip therapy can also aid in the upkeep of your cardiovascular system, thanks to using any of these four add-ins for improved function in your cardiovascular health.
- Tri Amino
- Magnesium sulfate
As amino acids, tri-amino and arginine help relax your blood vessels, which promotes lower blood pressure and can even address symptoms of erectile dysfunction. Calcium, on the other hand, is not only important for building strong bones, but it also regulates how blood vessels contract and dilate. Additionally, magnesium plays a role in the regulation of blood pressure.
7. IV Therapy Can Help Ease Anxiety & Promote Relaxation
In addition to providing you with more energy, IV therapy can make you feel more at ease. Magnesium sulfate is an electrolyte that helps lower blood pressure and also may help:
- Calm your feelings of anxiety
- Promote a good night’s sleep
- Relaxes your muscles
- Supports immune function
- Prevent migraines and headaches
Magnesium sulfate is also used in other non-IV applications such as Epsom salt treatments, which have similar calming effects.
IV Infusion Therapy in Friendswood, TX – Benefits are Still Being Discovered
IV infusion therapy in Friendswood, TX benefits many people, whether that’s providing the essential nutrients they need to live, helping improve their quality of life by addressing symptoms such as dehydration, or just simply making people feel better.
But that list merely scratches the surface of what IV hydration can do for your body. Even with today’s modern medicine, we are still discovering additional health and wellness benefits associated with intravenous nutrition therapy.
Get Your IV Infusion Therapy in Friendswood, TX Today!
If you are ready for your IV Infusion Therapy in Friendswood, TX, call us at 281-993-2122 to schedule or . . .
- Promotes weight loss. Made of Vitamin B12 + Lipotropic amino acids: Choline, Methionine, and Inositol.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- May benefit diabetes, skin aging, memory, heart health, and weight loss.
- Vitamin C
- One of the safest and most effective nutrients. Powerful antioxidants that can protect against damage caused by harmful molecules called free radicals, as well as toxic chemicals and pollutants. Protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling, necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues, involved in many body functions, including formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the proper functioning of the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.
- Promotes energy, help keep skin, hair, eyes, liver, and nervous system healthy.
- Boosts energy, improves memory, supports hair/skin/nail/eye health, helps prevent heart disease, supports the normal function of nerve cells, needed for red blood cell formation and DNA synthesis, supports bone health and prevent osteoporosis, improves mood and symptoms of depression.
- B Complex
- B1: Plays an important role in energy metabolism, boosts immune system, improves function of nervous system. Can help avoid type 2 diabetes, several cardiovascular diseases, some vision and kidney disorders and neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease.
- B2: Powerful antioxidant, plays a vital role in maintaining healthy blood cells and boosts metabolism.
- B3: Plays a critical role in proper functioning of the nervous and digestive systems. Necessary for energy production and metabolism of fatty acids. Provides healthy hair/skin/nails.
- B5: Essential for healthy development of the central nervous system. Involved in energy production and in development of amino acids, blood cells, vitamin D3 and other fatty acids.
- B6: Influential role in synthesis of neurotransmitters and is essential for good mental health. It also has a direct effect on immune function. Plays a role in metabolism of amino acids and is a necessary co-factor in the folate cycle, lack of which can lead to anaemia.
- Calcium Chloride
- Electrolytes that helps your body maintain fluid through activities and helps maintain proper muscle and nerve function.
- Folic Acid
- important in red blood cell formation and for healthy cell growth and function, improve heart health, helps make and repair DNA.
- Powerful antioxidant, protects against free radicals, peroxides, and heavy metals. Eliminates poisons such as drugs and pollutants from the body, essential for immune system function and vital in building and repairing tissue.
- Magnesium Chloride
- Helps migraines, pain, depression, anxiety, sleeplessness and memory. Boosts energy.
- Vitamin D
- Contributes to bone health, supports immune system, helps manage blood sugar, may protect against cancer, helps fight heart disease, helps regulate hormones, improves mood, helps improve concentration, learning and memory, supports skin health.
- Powerful anti-oxidant, important for immune function, helps balance hormones, fight diabetes, maintain healthy heart by supporting blood vessels, prevents diarrhea, supports fertility, aids in nutrient absorption and digestion, supports muscle growth and repair, supports vision and eye health, can help decrease acne and promote wound healing.
- Tri Amino Blend
- Combination of 3 amino acids: L-Arginine, L-Citrulline, and L-Ornithine that can play a critical role in cardiovascular health, vasodilation (blood flow), erectile function, general health and longevity.
- Amino acid that helps with muscular, skeletal, nervous system, digestive, cardiovascular functions.
- Essential trace mineral that supports many bodily processes. It can help improve cognition, immune system function, and fertility.
- L-arginine is converted in the body into a chemical called nitric oxide. Nitric oxide causes blood vessels to open wider for improved blood flow. L-arginine also stimulates the release of growth hormone, insulin, and other substances in the body.
- Dexamethasone (Decadron) – corticosteroid used to reduce pain and inflammation
- Ketorolac (Toradol) – nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to relieve moderate to severe pain
- Methylprednisolone (Depo-Medrol) – corticosteroid used to treat pain and inflammation
- Ondansetron (Zofran) – used to prevent nausea and vomiting
- Famotidine (Pepcid) – reduces stomach irritation